Eagerly Anticipated Chapter in Acclaimed Dylan Bootleg Series Unveils Previously Unreleased Studio Performances from 1974's Mythic Blood On The Tracks Sessions.
This chapter in Columbia/Legacy's highly acclaimed Bob Dylan Bootleg Series makes available the pivotal studio recordings made by Bob Dylan during six extraordinary sessions in 1974--four in New York (September 16, 17, 18, 19) and two in Minneapolis (December 27, 30)--that resulted in the artist's 1975 masterpiece, Blood On The Tracks. One of the top-selling albums of Dylan's career, Blood On The Tracks redefined the boundaries and structures of modern pop songwriting, reached #1 on the Billboard 200, achieved RIAA 2x Platinum status and was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2015.
The CD / 2LP configuration of More Blood, More Tracks assembles 10 of the most emotionally resonant alternate takes of each of the 10 songs appearing the original Blood On The Tracks, plus a previously unreleased version of "Up to Me."
The 6CD full-length deluxe version includes the complete New York sessions in chronological order including outtakes, false starts and studio banter. The album's producers have worked from best sources available, in most cases utilizing the original multi-track session tapes. This set includes a hardcover photo book featuring liner notes by rock historian Jeff Slate and a complete reproduction of one of Dylan's legendary handwritten 57 page notebooks, where you can follow the lyrical development of the songs that would eventually comprise Blood On The Tracks.
1. Tangled Up In Blue (9/19/74, Take 3, Remake 3)
2. Simple Twist of Fate (9/16/74, Take 1)
3. Shelter From the Storm (9/17/74, Take 2)
4. You're a Big Girl Now (9/16/74, Take 2)
5. Buckets of Rain (9/18/74, Take 2, Remake)
6. If You See Her, Say Hello (9/16/74, Take 1)
1. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (9/16/74, Take 2)
2. Meet Me In the Morning (9/19/74, Take 1, Remake)
3. Idiot Wind (9/19/74, Take 4, Remake)
4. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (9/17/74, Take 1,
5. Up To Me (9/19/74, Take 2, Remake)