Day Breaks is a remarkable new album that finds Norah returning to her jazz roots while also proving her to be this era’s quintessential American artist, the purveyor of an unmistakably unique sound that weaves together the threads of several bedrock styles of American music: country, folk, rock, soul, jazz. Day Breaks is a kindred spirit to Come Away With Me, though it is unquestionably the work of a mature artist who has lived life and grown immensely in her craft. The album features jazz luminaries including her Blue Note label mates saxophonist Wayne Shorter, organist Dr. Lonnie Smith, and drummer Brian Blade on a 12-song set that presents 9 new originals alongside covers of songs by Horace Silver, Duke Ellington and Neil Young.
This summer Norah became only the fourth artist in history to perform at both the Newport Folk Festival and Newport Jazz Festival in the same year, and Norah’s Jazz Festival appearance gave them their first sold-out audience in over 25 years.
1. Norah Jones - Burn 04:39
2. Norah Jones - Tragedy 04:14
3. Norah Jones - Flipside 03:41
4. Norah Jones - It's A Wonderful Time For Love 03:53
5. Norah Jones - And Then There Was You 03:05
6. Norah Jones - Don't Be Denied 05:36
7. Norah Jones - Day Breaks 03:57
8. Norah Jones - Peace 05:15
9. Norah Jones - Once I Had Laugh 03:12
10. Norah Jones - Sleeping Wild 03:07
11. Norah Jones - Carry On 02:48
12. Norah Jones - Fleurette Africaine (African Flower) 05:21